You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 06-04-2017
Another blog post from Ann Arbor chiropractor Mike Tannenbaum, D.C.
Summer is almost here. Summer is a time when many of us are more physically active than at any other time of the year. So, let's get ready for that increased activity by improving our health. Here are some health improvement tips I give my Ann Arbor chiropractic patients.
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. Brisk walking can be a great form of exercise. You also will want to include some resistance training – such as using weights, resistance bands, or Nautilus-type machines – and some stretching.
2. Reduce or eliminate soft drinks and other drinks with a lot of sugar in them. The main drink you should consume is water. You should have at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day and you should have a glass of water when you first get up in the morning. Limit fruit juice, if you drink it, to one half cup (4 oz.) per day.
3. Consume 5-7 cups of vegetables and fruits a day. Make sure you have a variety of fruits and vegetables, and aim for a large proportion of the vegetables to be green leafy vegetables.
4. Make sure you’re eating some healthful fats like avocado and nut butter. Unless you are vegetarian, consume more fish and reduce your consumption of red meat.
5. Stop consuming junk food. This means no fast food, fried food, simple starches and processed sugar. Don't eat processed wheat; cut down on carbohydrates (starches) in general.
6. Avoid the three big meals a day pattern; instead, eat 5 to 6 smaller meals throughout the day.
7. Make sure to sleep enough. You should be sleeping approximately 8 hours in 24 hours.
8. Incorporate chiropractic into your wellness routine, as chiropractic has been shown to have many health benefits. Millions of people experience the benefits of chiropractic, you should too.
If you have any questions about this blog post, chiropractic, back pain, neck pain or headaches please feel free to contact me at my Ann Arbor chiropractic office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.