If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site

WARNING

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

734-929-0444

RSS Feed

Posted on 02-15-2016

~~From the desk of chiropractor Mike Tannenbaum, D.C. of Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Are you one of the many people that only pay attention to their health when they are in a lot of pain? If so, you’re not alone and furthermore, this approach to health is a problem. It's a problem because, simply,  is bad for your health. This has a lot  to do with the fact that your nerve system has a tremendous impact on your health and the part of your nerve system that impacts you when you have pain is made up of only 10% of your nerve system. So, what do you do for the health of the other 90% of your nervous system, especially if you’re not paying attention to your health unless you’re in pain. And even more specifically, 45% of that nerve system that has nothing to do with feeling pain controls the glands, organs, and systems of your body that happen automatically like digesting food and the other 45% controls the muscles of your body. If you are only paying attention to your health when you are in pain you won't know if these vital parts of your body healthy or not.

Another problem that occurs when people attempt to improve their health only when they are in pain or in a health crisis is that these people often turn to prescription drugs that usually don't get to the root of the problem and may only mask the problem. Instead, one should take a proactive approach to their health. That is, have a healthy life style that includes those things that prevent the health crisis/pain in the first place. Chiropractors promote preventive care, promoting the prevention of the crisis/pain from occurring. With that in mind, at my chiropractic office, Tannenbaum Chiropractic in Ann Arbor, we focus on preventive/wellness care. At Tannenbaum Chiropractic it's not just about getting rid of back pain, neck pain and headaches. At our Ann Arbor office we always try to take the proactive approach to our patients health in an attempt promote as close to 100% health so our patients don't need health crisis/pain management.

There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.

Post Comment

Office Hours

Day
Monday8:00am7:00pm
TuesdayClosedClosed
Wednesday8:00am7:00pm
Thursday3:00pm7:00pm
Friday9:00am7:00pm
Saturday9:00am10:30am
SundayClosedClosed

What can we help you find?