You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 06-02-2015
~~From the office of Ann Arbor Chiropractor Michael Tannenbaum, D.C.
Spring and summer means more people are miserable from allergies. Listed below are things you can do to reduce the effects of allergies.
1. Limit your consumption of pro inflammatory foods. You can find lists of these foods on the web. Some examples of pro inflammatory foods are refined carbohydrates found in non whole grain breads and pasta's, white rice, and white sugar.
2. Make sure to drink plenty of water. If the brain recognizes you are dehydrated than it will signal the body to release chemicals (histamine) that causes you to feel allergic.
3. Consume vitamin C daily as it helps prevent the formation of histamine in your body.
4. Consume garlic (preferably raw on a daily basis) as it strengthens the immune system and thus helps ward off allergies.
5. Consume Buterbur. It is supposed to work as well as many antihistamines in relieving allergy symptoms.
6. Regularly rinse off your body to get rid of allergens that might be clinging to you.
7. Get regular chiropractic adjustments as this, as I have seen, can help reduce allergy symptoms by reducing nerve irritation and as a side benefit has been shown to help improve immune system function.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.